The Author Marianne Strnad

The Author Marianne Strnad
Thanks for visiting me here!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #5: "Do That To Me One More Time."

Migraine Awareness Month #5:   "Do That To Me One More Time." 
What comfort measure do you find helps you enough during a Migraine that you go back to it again and again, and how do you use it?  


  Oh man-this one is easy!  First, It's Excedrin Tension Headache medication or any facsimile thereof.  This usually does the trick. If that doesn't work, I try any caffeine product; coffee, soda, chocolate, etc.  I am partial to chocolate shakes because they are cool AND creamy-lol!  But I must say that I do hate it when food becomes my medication.  To me, that is wrong on so many levels. 




  Which reminds me...several years ago I made a watershed discovery.  I knew that if I ate something very sweet-say chocolate cake-in the morning, I would often develop a headache as a result. And it would be a very bad one.  However, if I ate something protein-dense beforehand-like a hardboiled egg-then I would be perfectly fine.  That is a strategy that never fails me.  And I love eggs-lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment